Badass Stocking Stuffers Gift Guide
When it comes to Christmas, my favorite part of gift-giving has to be finding the perfect stocking stuffers. I love putting together tiny treasures that I know will delight my family and close friends. There’s nothing like opening a stocking full of little packages, each tiny gift a surprise that can pamper, inspire, soothe or bring giggles of delight. Stocking stuffers are also the perfect gift to give if you’re on a tight budget this year. Here are my top picks for this year:
1. This adorable Smoko food lamp from Urban Outfitters will give your space a cozy amber glow! At just 4.72 inches tall and in diameter it’s the perfect size to stuff in a stocking and is certain to brighten your day with its smiling mushroom face.
2. Muslin Reusable Produce Bags from Simple Ecology are one tiny way to help the environment. These reusable, 100% certified organic cotton muslin bags not only save on the amount of plastic you put into the landfill, they also keep your produce fresher longer because the cotton allows ethylene gas to escape. They come in five sizes and are machine washable with tare weights printed right on the side for easy checkout at your local grocery store.
3. These gel ink pens from Tul are the only pens I’ll ever use now. They make life so beautiful. The act of writing, now so smooth. Every letter, true calligraphy. Unlike other retractable ball point pens, these won’t skip on you, and they come with a rubberized grip for comfort and ease of use. They’re the perfect gift for the writer in your life.
4. Put some pep in someone’s step with coffee from BLK & Bold. This amazing Black-owned coffee brand also donates 5% of its profits to initiatives for youth programming, enhancing workforce development, and eradicating youth homelessness. They sell both single origin and custom blends of beans (try Rise & GRND), and they also stock a variety of teas and coffee accessories.
5. Fuzzy socks, because who doesn’t get at least one pair of socks for Christmas? ICEIVY’s Thick Warm Cabin Fuzzy Crew Women Socks will keep toes warm and cozy. And right now, they are 50% off with promo code WKKZRK9L ON Amazon.com. These wool blend socks are perfect for curling up for a cold winter night or lining your boots for a night on the town, and come in a pack of five.
6. Pick up a package of these cute tea drops that help support fair trade, clean water and organic production! These bagless tea drops are perfect for the on-the-go tea drinker in your life. Just drop one into a cup of boiling water for a magical tea experience. They come in a wide variety of flavors and have some special holiday gift box sets. https://www.myteadrop.com.
7. Give someone special the gift of self-care with Cliganic essential oils. Perfect for aromatherapy, these oils are certified cruelty-free, organic, and are made in the United States. This set comes with peppermint, lavender, eucalyptus, tea tree, lemongrass, rosemary, frankincense, and orange oils to help you create the mood and aroma that suits you best, whether it’s energizing with some orange and eucalyptus or relaxing with some lavender.
8. Never lose your place in a book again with these Famous Historical African American Bookmarks. Knowledge is power! These bookmarks, dedicated to such Black luminaries as Rosa Parks, Thurgood Marshall, Jesse Owens, Jackie, Robinson, Langston Hughes, and Percy Julian will not only hold your page, they’ll also educate and inspire with information about the historical figure printed on the front. These come in a pack of twelve, with two copies of each trailblazing individual, so you can split the set and double the gifting or keep one for yourself.
9. The Famous Historical African American bookmarks will be right at home in the pages of my next recommendation, Badass Black Girl. Filled with inspiring quotes useful information, and affirmations, Badass Black Girl is the empowerment guide every Black girl or woman needs. It’s sure to lift spirits, boost self-esteem and inspire greatness. The book might be too big to fit in a stocking but, trust me, every Black girl needs it.
I hope you found something in this gift guide that will make a perfect present for your holiday season. Whether you are planning some quiet time at home or a holiday full of loved ones and fun, I wish you Joyeuses Fêtes and the happiest New Year ever!
*** A creator of safe spaces, and an initiator of difficult conversations, M.J. Fievre, B.S. Ed, spent much time building up her Black students, helping them feel comfortable in their skin, and affirming their identities. Her close relationships with parents and students led her to look more closely at how we can balance protecting our child’s innocence with preparing them for the realities of Black life. When―and how―do you approach racism with your children? How do you protect their physical and mental health while also preparing them for a country full of systemic racism? She began to research the issue and speak to school counselors and psychologists to find (and apply!) strategies parents and teachers can use with their children to broach uncomfortable but necessary topics.
“You'll come away from Badass Black Girl feeling as if you've known the author your entire life, and it's a rare feat for any writer.” ―“Mike, the Poet,” author of Dear Woman and The Boyfriend Book
#1 Gift Idea in Teen & Young Adult Cultural Heritage Biographies, Publishers Weekly Select Title for Young Readers
Affirmations for strong, fearless Black girls. Wisdom from Badass Black female trailblazers who accomplished remarkable things in literature, entertainment, education, STEM, business, military and government services, politics and law, activism, sports, spirituality, and more.
Explore the many facets of your identity through hundreds of big and small questions. In this journal designed for teenage Black girls, MJ Fievre tackles topics such as family and friends, school and careers, body image, and stereotypes. By reflecting on these topics, you will confront the issues that can hold you back from living your best life and discovering your Black girl bliss.
Embrace authenticity and celebrate who you are. Finding the courage to live as you are is not easy, so here’s a journal designed to help you nurture creativity, positive self-awareness and Black girl bliss. This journal honors the strength and spirit of Black girls.
Change the way you view the world. This journal provides words of encouragement that seek to inspire and ignite discussion. You are growing up in a world that tries to tell you how to look and act. MJ Fievre encourages you to fight the flow and determine for yourself who you want to be.
Badass Black Girl helps you to:
Build and boost your self-esteem with powerful affirmations
Learn more about yourself through insightful journaling
Become comfortable and confident in your authentic self